"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, April 25, 2015

Book Haul #91: The Shadow Races and More!



Hello booknerds!!!

Where did the week go???

I had some lovely personal memories happen this week...
my nephew, my one and only, turned ONE this week!
AND, he has started to let go and walk long distances like a wobbly pro :)
Yes, I know I have 3 boys of my own, but having a nephew is just the best bonus ever!!! I love him so much - it's such a different kind of love, but it is SO much! I am enjoying every minute watching him grow! And, it's bittersweet seeing my little sister being a mom and a grown-up now, lol! I'm 6 1/2 years older than her, she will always be the 'baby'... 
My baby bee is finally talking more! In between his baby gibberish you can make out words too, which means, he's trying to talk in full sentences already, lol! I really think he's going to outdo his brothers once he gets the hang of it... oh boy! 

I had some lovely bookish memories too!
Don't you just looove it when authors reach out to you, like your tweets or IG pics... 
OH! and when one of your favorite authors follows you back?! *flails*

And lastly, as you can see below, I got a good small stack of new reads this week...
my collection of The Scorpio Races has doubled! I'm hoping to now start collecting foreign editions!

I'm a happy bookworm... I hope you all are too!!! xo



*From giveaways...
DR. CRITCHLORE'S SCHOOL FOR MINIONS (ARC) by Sheila Grau, Illustrated by Joe Sutphin from Word Spelunking and Abrams... thank you!
- SHADOW SCALE (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman from Pure Imagination and Random House... thank you!

*What I purchased...
- THE SCORPIO RACES (HB) by Maggie Stiefvater
THE SCORPIO RACES (UK PB) by Maggie Stiefvater
- HAPPY AGAIN (This is What Happy Looks Like #1.5) (eNovella) by Jennifer E. Smith
- STATION ELEVEN (eBook) by Emily St. John Mandel (A)


* * * 

A few pics from this past week :)

My nephew turned ONE!!! He's a year old already!!! *sobs*
Re-organized my YA shelves again :)
There are about 12 books missing from this pic, lol!

* * * 


Please help Annie get her new lungs!



https://m.helphopelive.org/campaign/6507?3.13.829
My husband's sister, Ann Marie, was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 2.
Until a year ago, she has been living a relatively normal and active life... 
Ann Marie is in need of a double-lung transplant now.
Any donations will be forever be appreciated.
Healing prayers too!

Please click on the link for more info!

And, thank you in advance for any and all contributions!!! 


* * * 



Thank you SOOO much for stopping by!!!

Don't forget to leave a comment with your links so I can visit your hauls too!!!
xoxo


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's sister. That's horrible. She is in my prayers. You got all these new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such a cutie! Your shelves look fantastic and organized...nothing like mine, lol. Enjoy your new books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. your book shelf is so wide 0______0 I want a bookshelf like that. Shadow Scales looks interesting, what is it about? Nice haul and happy reading.

    Maura @ monsterofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shelves. LOVE. I love all kinds of bookshelves. :) Also, you're doing so well in finding copies of your favourite books/authors. I do the same thing, but mostly, I find series that I haven't read. Currently, I feature them on my Friday Finds. Right now, I'm looking for copies of In Death series by JD Robb.

    Anyway, your boy is soo adorable! Happy reading, Margie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bookshelves!! So pretty and organized. :) And it's so funny listening to the babes try and talk ... I'd love to know what he's trying to say! My guy doesn't say too many words right now, but he sure babbles a lot ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bookshelves!

    I hope you have a fantastic week :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams