"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, October 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #73: October 2014 (Part 1)


It's getting chilly around here! My favorite time of the year :) 
I love fall! I love comfy sweaters and pjs! Hot cocoa and extra snuggle time!
But it's also a reminder that the holidays are around the corner and soon, it will be 2015!!!
I'm not ready!!!
I love everything in my life right now! I am so blessed to be where I am!
I am dreading my birthday... starting a new decade is never easy. 
Can't I just stop time right here??? Please???

To make me feel better about aging... I already received some really awesome books this month :) 



What I received for review...
- THE START OF ME AND YOU (ARC) by Emery Lord (YA) from Bloomsbury
- THIS ONE SUMMER (PB) by Mariko Tamaki, Illustrated by Jillian Tamaki (YA) from First Second (Macmillan)
- SLEEPLESS KNIGHT (ARC) by James Sturm, Andrew Arnold and Alexis Frederick-Frost (C/MG) from First Second (Macmillan)
THEY ALL FALL DOWN (ARC) by Roxanne St. Claire (YA) from Random House
- ROOMS (HB) by Lauren Oliver (A) from HarperCollins
- THE HOCKEY SAINT (Forever Friends Trilogy #2) (Graphic Novel PB) by Howard Shapiro from Animal Media Group for Book Nerd Tours
- DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH (The Secret Diamond Sisters #2) (signed ARC) by Michelle Madow (YA) from the author :)
- TOMBOY (Graphic Novel PB) by Liz Prince (YA) from Zest Books
- DAISY TO THE RESCUE (HB) by Jeff Campbell (E) from Zest Books

Won in giveaways :)
- ADRENALINE CRUSH (signed HB) by Laurie Boyle Crompton (YA) from the author
- LIES WE TELL OURSELVES (HB) by Robin Talley (YA) from fellow blogger via twitter

October's Uppercasebox...
- I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN (HB) by Jandy Nelson (YA)

What I purchased...
- AFTERWORLDS (HB) by Scott Westerfeld (YA)


What have you been up to???
Got any good bookish things to share???
Please leave your links below, would love to see :) 

Thanks for stopping by!!! xoxoxo


P.S. I was able to get my September wrap-up uploaded!!!


8 comments:

  1. Wow. An awesome haul indeed Margie. I hope you really enjoy all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read The Start of Me and You! I hope you love it and all of your other books too!

    Happy reading :)
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many awesome books! I hope you enjoy every one.

    My STS http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/10/stacking-shelves-14-october-11-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul this week, so many amazing reads. The Start of Me and You is a book that I am absolutely dying to get my hands on. I NEED IT!!! I hope you enjoy all of your reads! :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on Michelle's street team but I didn't like The Secret Diamond sisters. Maybe I'll give the second book a shot, it might get better! Hopefully you like it more than I did. Lol, same thing with Afterworlds. I couldn't do it. However, I did actually LOVE Lies We Tell Ourselves. I felt like it was SO powerful and made me feel so much better as a person knowing that people my age can change the way the world works.

    Great haul!

    Please check out my haul (and leave a comment?), here!
    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heart. I loved Emery Lord's debut as well. I really hope you'll enjoy her new one. Can't wait to see what you think, Margie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THEY ALL FALL DOWN SO JEALOUS! Can't wait for that one, I did like The Secret Diamond Sisters since I didn't take it too seriously, and more like a guilty pleasure read. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rooms! I do want to read that one ... I haven't loved ALL of Lauren's books, but I do love when she releases a new one. You never know which one will be a gem! And this year is going by WAY too fast ... I agree, let's slow it down!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams