"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, March 31, 2012

In My Mailbox #13: My Shelf Overfloweth!




"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme created by 
The idea is to post whatever 'books' you may have received from the week (before), whether you purchased them, gifted to you, borrowed, traded, etc.




This is what I got this week, and it's only because I found them all at super prices!
You can't walk away when they're each under $6, woo hoo!!!

Hex Hall and Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
(Seriously, am I the only one who hasn't read these yet?)
Matched by Ally Condie 


- The first three to the Touch Series by Laurie Faria Stolarz


And some non-YA for my Nook ;) and it was only $2.99!!!
The Dulcie O'Neil Series by H.P. Mallory

A SWEET RAK from Hannah of In the Best Worlds,
Thank you SO much, Hannah!!!



A Breath of Eyre (arc) by Eve Marie Mont (SQUEAL!!!) and 
The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen 

Received from a trade...
Tempest (arc) by Julie Cross 
(I just heard that Tempest was being made into a movie! Can't wait to read it first!)



... and Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1) by Jennifer Estep
Thank you, Ashelynn of Gypsy Book Reviews

Got some swag this week too!
From Amber of Me, My Shelf and I, I won A Touch Mortal and A Touch Morbid Bookmarks!
and I got the Masque of the Red Death Bookmark directly from Bethany Griffin!
And, from Jessica Spotswood, some signed bookmarks, stickers and a magnet :)




Oh, and I got a new hardback copy of Charlotte's Web by E.B. White :)

It's been such a long time since I have re-read this one! and I know that my kiddos are going to want to read along with me too! This is going on my pile since my boys are still in that stage were girls and anything to do with girls is still kind of icky, lol! but they'll still read it with me, because Mom's are the exception to the "no-girls-allowed" rule ;) 




And here's what my kiddo's got this week :) 

____________________________________________________

I was such a lucky girl this week!!!
My shelves are finally filling up and it makes me so very happy.
Long story short, on our last move we lost a lot of items, our living room and bedroom furniture and a lot of my books. But we were together and healthy and made the best of everything - and that is all that matters :)
I love doing these posts because it helps me see that no matter what happens, slowly but surely, you can always pick up the pieces and go back to doing what you love to do :)

SOOO, I just have to say, thank you!

Thank you for allowing me to share my books with you every week!
I don't do it to show-off, or gloat, or anything of the sort - even though some may see it that way.
I love these posts because it is such a fun way to show what I love to read, what I am going to be reading in the near future, my tastes and likes... it's also a good way to include my boys and their books too - they often sit with me to watch vlogs, they make suggestions, and they looove to critique book covers more than I do, lol!
And since I can't review every single book that I read, it's also a superb way to put a spotlight on books that other people may have not heard about and would love to add to their TBRs too...

Just sharing our love of books people! We love IMM days!!!
and be warned, we are looking to find a way to do our own vlogs soon too ;)


SOOO, what did you get in your mailbox this week???

20 comments:

  1. Awesome IMM! Hex Hall was an awesome read but I still really need to read Demonglass. I'm so jealous that you have The Fine Art of Truth or Dare, too! It seems like the perfect read for my mood right now. :P Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stack.

    And omg did you change your layout? It looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo cute imm
    hope u njoy them all
    i've not read any yet shown here lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mailbox this week. I love all the swag. And don't worry, I haven't read the Hex Hall series yet either. I'm interested to see how you like them!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to love Hex Hall and Demonglass. That is a really good series!

    I also totally agree with what you said about IMM. I love sharing the books I have found or come across during the week and I LOVE seeing what everyone else is reading! It is such a great way to get to know others and what their tastes are.

    Love to you and yours!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You got a lot of really awesome books and goodies this week, you luck thing! xD

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you liked the books I sent =) You got some other awesome ones too! I love the Hex Hall series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're NOT the only one who hasn't read the Hex Hall series... *raises hand* I've had HH sitting on my shelves for AGES and still haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're not the only one who hasn't read the Hex Hall series yet. I haven't either! I've been putting the books in and out of my shopping cart on Amazon for so long now, it's really time that I actually hit "submit order"... O.o

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM!

    Jenna @ Making the Grade
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, sweet. I love bookmarks!

    Hex Hall is a fun witchy read. I need to get my hands on Demon Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mailbox! Enjoy your books :)
    Deadly Little Secret was great!

    The Muggle
    Check out my Giveaway of Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great IMM. I haven't read Hex Hall yet either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great IMM. Breath of Eyre sounds great, I liked Hex Hall, Raising Demons and Matched (though haven't managed to get into Crossed the sequel to Matched, will try again, sometime) Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great books this week! There are lots that I sure wouldn't mind having on my shelf...your lucky! ;)
    Here’s my IMM :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, awesome haul this week, Margie. I hope you'll enjoy Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins. Loved it! Though I haven't read the latest release yet.

    I know what you mean, I've also been hitting the clearance bins at my bookstore! Lol. I can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great mailbox this week!! I have yet to read the Hex Hall series or the Touch series - I need to catch up! I can't wait to read Tempest too! AND bookmarks? YAY! Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh wowza!! Overfloweth for sure! haha. I HAVE to try out Matched soon! And the Laurie series sounds super good too!! Awesome haul chick!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yayyy Hex Hall!! Me too :) We can read them together LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hehe I LOVE when my mail box overfloweth too! hehe And books for under $6 are ALWAYS a bargain! I LOVE Matched! It is the first dystopian I ever read and my all time fave! Thanks for stopping by my blog! And enjoy all your awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your books you got in your mailbox this week!! Love the Swag too!
    Enjoy all of your new goodies!

    Happy Reading

    (LOVE the DESIGN) =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams